Thursday, August 31, 2017

Everything Can Change in a Second...

The day started with a four hour training session in Healthcare. My head was inundated with information but it didn't end there, I had to go back to my School and get four more hours of training, added to the eight I had the day before.

It didn't go by fast but at the end of a productive long two days of Information Overload, I felt content, grateful it was over for now and even a bit more confident!

I got home and found a delicious meal being served by my loving husband. I had this enormous feeling of gratitude to live in a beautiful place, have a loving family, surround myself with a great group of people who work as a team to make a huge difference in the lives of so many families. Can life get any better I thought to myself?

At that moment my phone reminded me that I had a voice message I had received while going around from training to training. The call was from the Radiology nurse. I was actually looking forward to the call, last week the doctor had decided to do a biopsy on a tiny spot he'd been watching, he just wanted to be certain. I'm sure it's scar tissue he said, I agreed, there's no cases in my family, I take care of myself and am very healthy, so I picked up the voice message on a speaker for my husband to stop worrying and we heard the nurse saying "Mrs. Shaffer can you please return my call I'd like to discuss the results of your Biopsy."

At that second I knew that my life was about to change....

Soon my physical body will change and I'll have to endure some very unexpected pain, but that's just the car that I decided to drive during this Life Adventure. My Spirit however will hop on the Shooting Star I'm about to ride and soar with it wherever it takes me.

Because Everything Can Change in a Second...

Hugs xoxo
@nit@


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post mom