Monday, September 12, 2016

It's not so Bad at 65...

This is just my attempt at trying to remind myself that it's not as bad at 65 as your body sometimes makes you feel. The challenge I face is that as far as my mind and I am concerned we are ageless, I don't feel age, but my body does, it seems to believe that we are separate because I can't identify with the things my body does, like what do you mean I have to pee again, I just peed 5 mins. ago. What do you mean you want to fall asleep you just woke up.

I think in all honesty if it were up to me I'd go pay attention to my body and get some more rest, it must know what it needs, but it's not up to me it's kind of up to my husband who is like a dictator when it comes to our time.

We love being together, spending time doing things, I get pumped when I'm around him so he pushes me to get up and keep on moving, he tells me you make your own energy as you go along just keep moving, you will have forever to sleep when you die, now you have to keep on moving so around him I do you see, it's when he leaves, when I stay in my castle alone where I can eat, sleep, write, listen to music, meditate, think or allow myself to stop thinking I envision a lot, I'm getting great at that if I may say so myself.

So what's wrong with getting in the tub with bubbles and epson salts with essence of lemon, some soothing music, candles and my game of Candy Crush in case I get bored, lets not forget the cup of espresso and probably some cut up fruit, its peaches and plumbs today. Taking blueberries to work.

Today is another Magical Day, my body feels tired, if it were up to it I'd lay down and get some rest, but I have appointments to interpret all day, then there's my stepson's mattress that's arriving today, today I make my son's bed for the first time in many years, he doesn't even have a clue of what his room looks like, he's been sleeping in a rented room and sleeping on a mattress on the floor for years, so he's going to come here to this master bedroom suite with its own en-suite and walk-in closet with a roll top desk in a lovely neighborhood where you can walk to school, to transportation, to restaurants, to theaters, even to a river just two blocks away.

It's not so bad at 65 when you can still feel the desire to help others and when the desire has become your predominant thought and reason for being. It's others that make us, we are nothing on our own.

It's not so bad at 65, you've learned so much and you still have time for a do-over, to be someone's mother again, to be someone's grandmother and wife and daughter in law. My life goal and biggest dream is to bring us all together.

It's not so bad at 65 when you can start collecting some Social Security and Medicare, when you go to the stores or you get services and start getting discounts, when you go to the movies and pay like a kid again.

When you can still get stylish eyeglasses that you can see out of better and they make you look cool. When you can get a manicure and pedicure every month, and treat your body without chemicals, that's a whole other subject I'll write about but lets just say if our body says we gotta go, we are nature, so lets leave it to natural supplements to heal ourselves if we can, if not let go with dignity instead of fighting it with chemicals.

It's not so bad at 65, but I better get going to pee one last time, I gotta leave in 1/2 hr. no time to waste...

Hugs xoxo
@nit@

No comments: