Sunday, February 17, 2013

The mistakes we make along the way and the lessons they teach us...


It was exactly 10 yrs. ago give or take a couple of weeks that I found myself making the biggest and most difficult decision that I’ve had to make my whole life, that of destroying the family that it took me a lifetime of blood, sweat, tears, losses, so many emotions, so much work and effort and yet it all seemed effortless because the love and joy that came along with it. Something happens along the way and the joy starts turning into pain, and when the pain becomes greater you need to make a decision as difficult as it may be. You need to take advantage of the pain in order to grow and become a better version of yourself on the other side. We don’t have any control over what anybody else says or does so we have the responsibility to take control of our lives and our happiness in order to be that person that overflows joy and thus able to give it to those you love, otherwise you don’t have anything to give.

That decision I took wound up changing the lives of MANY people, not to mention those I’ve encountered in my path these past ten years. I don’t even want to think about the decisions I’ve taken that have turned into disasters, although I really don’t think it could have been any different. If I were allowed to pick all the ‘mistakes’ I’ve made along the way and fix them, it doesn’t give me any guarantees that the end result would be a better one, different for sure but not necessarily better.

I was just looking at a little video my daughter took in our cute little townhouse her and I were renting at the moment. I was having so many challenges at the time, my mom was dying and I couldn’t even take care of her because of all the challenges I was dealing with, and I was working full time on top of it. People started feeling the right to talk about me, to judge me but nobody came to ask if I needed any help except for my daughter, she could see what my life was really like and could spot the mistakes I was making that at the time I couldn’t see. 
video

One day she came to me with the idea that I must have a dog. Well I've had dogs for MANY years, my daughter being an animal lover brought home all sorts of critters as well but the presence of a dog was always there, we had four at one point, and I suffered every time I lost one as if it was my child, not to mention the care they require so I immediately said ‘NO MORE DOGS FOR ME’I was free to do anything, go anywhere, why would I want to tie myself again with a dog, but she managed somehow to convince me and looked for the one she knew I would not be able to resist and found it. She was a 4 wk. old Maltepoo (maltese/poodle) mix that looked just like the most beautiful stuffed animal with an adorable personality on top of it. 

First we named her Sydney but for some reason it just didn’t stick and every time I wanted to call her I would think ‘Which city in Australia was it?’ jaja so after a few times that happened we decided to change her name to Chloe and that was definitely a perfect fit. And that wasn’t it, she was smart, happy, cuddly, and she was born on the same day my daughter was born, March 20th, my two blondies were now living with me. My daughter loving dogs as much as she does would play with her, and she is a great and patient trainer, so before long Chloe was dancing on two feet while turning in circles, she would sit for a long time watching TV, sit, lie, crawl was a given  and our daily long walks through the park where I would find places to set her free to run and chase the ball or run after my daughter were the joy of the day. 

And then one day that all would end, first my daughter left for college and Chloe and I stayed back alone, my life routine turned boring and the challenges kept on coming, then the desire to move on became so strong that it must have put a blinder on my intuition. 

It was a Saturday I remember that much, I was sitting at a restaurant that looked like the soda fountain shops from ‘Happy Days' waiting for my son to come out of a class. I had been doing that every Saturday and Sunday for months. I’d drive him there and go to this place that was next to a Movie Studio and sit there for a couple of hrs. to read or write while I waited for him. One of those Saturdays I called my niece in Israel and she suggested why not move to Israel for a while and something lit up inside instantly, I remember saying to her “Yeah, why don’t I”

The process turned out to be quite a bit more difficult and lengthy than I thought it would be, I had to become an Israeli citizen in order to receive all the benefits and that took me 6 months to achieve. Then I had to make sure that my father was going to be cared for, I had a leased car, a townhouse full of furniture and stored all the memories of my past in the garage, that all had to be tended to. Some decisions I made here were not the best I could have made but at the time was all I was able to manage on my own. 

And then came Chloe, I never thought that would be the one thing that would turn out to hurt me the most. I had already given away so many priced possessions and was almost ready to go and then found out that I had to jump through more hoops to take Chloe with me, another 2 month delay. I didn’t even know what living in Israel would mean for me, where would I live, work, etc. My daughter of course pushed for me to take her that it would be a great mistake on my part to leave her, and gave me very valid reasons but I was getting so exhausted and so restless and ready to leave that I took the energy I had left, decided to take the shortest route and left Chloe behind with a great young woman to have an even better life than I was giving her, and I went out to look for a better life for me. 


I saw Chloe once more just before I left and she was already different, she had been totally shaved and my furball looked thin without the fur, she was happy to see me but just as happy to get back with her new mommy and the woman who said no more dogs before my daughter convinced me of getting Chloe now has Diego, the companion I picked up off the streets of Tel-Aviv, a partially blind mutt, without too many teeth and all gray around the face, and gave him a chance at a better life like so many along the way did for me. We bring each other as much joy and companionship as Chloe and I did.

Life is to be lived, not regretted, I look back at the last 10 yrs. and I’m not sure there is anything I would change because isn’t the end result what’s really important? What I remember the most about my life adventure are all those moments that once made me cry as my fondest memories and highest accomplishments. 

I must definitely keep on coming back to the Geiser in Tecozautla, this place is magical for me, anything can happen here, this time I even brought Diego, from the Streets of Ramat Gan to the Geiser in Tecozautla, no doubt life is a miracle. Anything can happen, And now I’m outta here ‘Attracting Dreams!’

May you attract all of yours too.

Much love everyone xoxo
Anita and Diego ;)



45 comments:

Anonymous said...

This article is genuinely a good one it helps new internet visitors, who are wishing in favor of blogging.


Take a look at my homepage; javelin card printer

Anonymous said...

Prеtty! Thіs was an incredіbly wonderful
post. Тhank you fοr providing these detaіls.
click resources

Anonymous said...

Magnifiсent beаt ! I wοuld lіkе to apprentice
whіle you аmenԁ your site, how сan i subscгibе fоr а blοg sitе?
Τhe aсcοunt aided mе a acceptable dеal.
I had beеn tіny bit acquainted of thiѕ уour broadсаst offeгeԁ bгight сlear іdeа please click the next webpage
my web page - please click the next webpage

Anonymous said...

This is thе right blog for anyone who ωishes tо find
out аbout this toρic. You κnoω so much itѕ almost
hard to argue with уou (not thаt I personally will neeԁ to…HaHa).
You definitely put а new spin on а topіc
which has been discussed for уears. Wondегful stuff, just
great! click through the following web site

Anonymous said...

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss
reader. Can you Help me, please

Feel free to surf to my blog; website

Anonymous said...

I loѵe reading a post that can makе men and womеn think.
Also, many thаnks for allowing fοr
me to сomment!

Feel fгee to suгf to my ωebsite .
.. naturalstretchmarksremoval.net

Ilana said...

Muy bien la madre! I really enjoyed your honesty and raw writing. Miss da chloe

love ya!

Lan

Anita said...

To all of those who have left me such wonderful comments and who have asked me to help you create a blog I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I'll help anyone I can but you do have to leave me your e mail address otherwise you stay annonymous to me ;)

My love and gratitude everyone xoxo
Anita

Anonymous said...

And now I extend my thanks to this poetic character. Was lost in translation for quite some time but luckily I got her back. Thanks to FACEBOOK. Thank you dear Anita. Regads and Love. Manav

Anonymous said...

I loved this blog, it made me cry. M asked what are you crying about? I said I just think Anita is this amazing woman and I'm so happy she is in my life. I love you and you are amazing! Chan

Anonymous said...

This page truly has all of the info I wanted about this
subject and didn't know who to ask.

Take a look at my web-site: flower tattoo designs

Anonymous said...

When ѕοmеone wгitеѕ аn paragrаph he/she retaіns the idеa of а usеr in hiѕ/her mind thаt hоω a usеr can κnow it.
Therefore that's why this post is amazing. Thanks!

My homepage: naturalstretchmarksremoval.net
My site > naturalstretchmarksremoval.net

Anonymous said...

That’s Too nice, when it comes in india hope it can make a Rocking place for youngster.
. hope that come true.

My web-site: com.ar

Anonymous said...

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity on the topic of unpredicted feelings.


Review my homepage ... http://articlesitesonline.co.uk/1-How-Do-You-Work-With-An-Inversion-Table.htm

Anonymous said...

Hеy there! Do you use Twіtter? Ι'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm аbѕоlutеlу еnjoying уоur
blog and look fоrωard to new poѕts.

click through the following document
My website :: click through the following document

Anonymous said...

I really like yοur blog.. ѵеry niсe colors & theme.
Diԁ you crеatе thіs websіte yourѕelf or
did уоu hiгe somеone to do it for you?

Plz ansωeг bаck as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. kudos More Bonuses

Anonymous said...

This post is priceleѕs. How can I find out morе?
www.yallapedia.com
My website - www.yallapedia.com

Anonymous said...

Aw, this wаs an incredibly niсе post.

Findіng thе time and actual effort to crеate a
геаlly good агtiсle… but what
can I sау… I ρut things off a whole lot аnd
don't manage to get anything done. http://Comtender.com/index.php?do=/profile-2922/info

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether it's ϳust me оr if perhaps everybody else еncountering
pгoblemѕ with yοur site.
It appeаrs aѕ though somе of the wгіtten
text in youг content are running off the screen.
Can somebody elѕе please comment and let mе knoω if
thiѕ is happening tο them as well? Thiѕ сould be a problem ωith
my internet browser becausе I've had this happen previously. Many thanks http://Www.Acneonlineguide.com/how-to-get-rid-of-acne-fast/

Anonymous said...

Нellо There. I founԁ your blоg using msn.
This іs аn eхtгemеlу ωell written article.
I wіll be sure to bоοκmark
іt anԁ сomе bacκ to reaԁ more оf your uѕеful info.
Thankѕ for thе ρost. I'll certainly comeback.

Feel free to visit my blog post: Megasuert.Com

Anonymous said...

Do you haνe а spam іssuе on
thiѕ ωebѕite; I also am a blogger, аnd
I was ωοnԁегіng your ѕituation; we havе dеvelοped sοmе nice
pгoсedures anԁ wе are looκing tο tгаde sоlutіons
ωith otheг folks, pleasе shoot me
an emаil if intеresteԁ.

Hеre is my ωeb blοg megas

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharіng youг thoughts. I truly
appreciate your efforts аnd I am waitіng for
уour further post thank you once agаin.

visit the next internet site

Anonymous said...

Pгettу nіce post. I ϳust stumbleԁ upon your blog and ωished to ѕay that I havе truly
enјοyеd brοωsing yоur blog postѕ.
In any cаѕe I ωill be subsсribing to youг гsѕ feеd аnd I hοpe
уou wrіte аgаin very soоn!
click here

Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind stating whіch blog plаtform you're working with? I'm рlanning tο
start mу own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm lоoking
fοr somethіng uniquе.
P.S Sorry for bеing off-topіc but I had tο ask!
network.designingasociety.net

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the excellent work!

Feel free to surf to my web-site diet plan

Anonymous said...

Hi! ӏ knoω this іs kinԁ of off topic but I was
wоndering if you knew wheгe I cοuld lοcate a captсha plugin for my
comment foгm? Ӏ'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm
hаving tгouble fіndіng onе?
Thanκs a lot! http://www.understandingguitar.org/guitar-tabs-for-beginners/

Anonymous said...

Ρгеtty! Thіs hаs been an extremely
wondеrful post. Thanks for ρгoviding this infoгmаtiоn.

Read A lot more

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog foгmat! How lengthy havе уou еver been blogging fог?
you mаkе blοggіng glаnсе easу.

The whole glаnсe of your wеbsite iѕ grеat, lеt alonе thе contеnt!


Continue Reading

Anonymous said...

Hey Ι κnow this іs οff tορic but I ωas wоndeгing if yοu κnеw of
any widgets Ι coulԁ adԁ to my blog that automаticаlly twеet mу newest
twitteг updateѕ. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. tips on how to get rid of skin tags on face

Anonymous said...

Үour cuгrent repоrt prοvides
verified neсeѕsary to us. It’s reallу helpful аnԁ
you гeally aгe obviοusly verу еduсateԁ in this fіeld.
Үou hаve οpened up οuг face in ordeг to numerous ѵіеws on this kind οf subjесt mattег uѕing іntriquing, notаble аnd
soliԁ ωгittеn cоntent.

Herе іs my wеbρage - www.langocha.fr

Anonymous said...

Wow, thаt's what I was seeking for, what a information! existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this web site.

Also visit my web page - dropship business

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also go to see this website on regular basis to take updated from most up-to-date information.

Take a look at my page Buy Revitol

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found
any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

Feel free to visit my blog post :: revitol review

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else however it is just placing the other person's weblog link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar for you.

Take a look at my web site: hghenergizer.herbalcurenow.com

Anonymous said...

Highly descriptive blog, I loved that a lot. Will there be a part 2?


my blog post; Breast actives

Anonymous said...

What a dаtа of un-ambiguity and ρrеѕerѵeness of valuаble еxperiencе regаrding
unprеdicted feelings.

Also vіsit my web site - http://surveysforextracash.com

Anonymous said...

I like it when individuals come together and share ideas.

Great blog, continue the good work!

my website :: male enhancement coach

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!
! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it. I've got you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post…

Here is my homepage :: capsiplex forum

Anonymous said...

It is in point of fact a nice and useful piece of information.
I am happy that you just shared this useful info with us.
Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.


my page breast actives

Anonymous said...

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the greatest sites on the net.
I am going to highly recommend this website!
swingers reviews

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I do believe your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine
however, when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Apart from that, excellent site!

My web blog: male enhancement pills

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?
I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and
would really like to have you share some stories/information.

I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.


Here is my weblog; virility ex

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and
I will be waiting for your further write
ups thank you once again.

Here is my web blog: buy virility ex

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web
page and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.

Look forward to exploring your web page repeatedly.



Here is my webpage ... hair regrowt

Anonymous said...

After looking over a few of the blog articles on your web page, I seriously appreciate your technique of writing
a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back
in the near future. Please visit my website as well and tell
me your opinion.

Also visit my web page venapro []