Saturday, January 21, 2012

By taking ‘BIG RISKS’ and accepting ‘WHAT IS’

So a good friend of mine asked me today how I keep my vitality and enthusiasm, and I confess I had to give that some thought, especially because when I seem to be going through a little air pocket where I feel low in physical and emotional energy due to consequences of choices I make, something comes to remind me of how far I’ve come, how much I’ve grown and continue to do so because of that vitality, insatiable curiosity and sense of wonder, so what I came up with is that I do it by taking’ ‘BIG RISKS’ and accepting ‘WHAT IS’, and in doing that I get to screw it up a lot, which helps me gain a different perspective of what I do and don’t need to do, and when I do get what I was aiming for, my appreciation charges my batteries in a way that I get anything I set my intention to. 
My intuition hasn’t let me down yet, what usually gets me is when I chose to ignore what I know intuitively that I need to do to get the results that I want.
I am happy not because of my circumstances in life, not for my possessions or the place where I live, or what I do, who I know, etc. etc. but because I chose to be. I live every single moment very intensely, not just for me but for those who can’t anymore, those who don’t know how or even question why they should, and I have come to find out that happiness is threatening to some people and it might make you feel vulnerable if you want to identify with it. Makes you feel as if it’s something that you can lose, but it’s really up to you if you do since its an emotion you chose to feel.
if I perceive whatever pain I encounter along the way as part of the same thing, I am able to embrace it and be grateful for it because of its incredible teaching power.
All I really have to do is ‘BELIEVE IN ME’ and take FULL responsibility that for every choice I make I am ‘CREATING MY OWN DESTINY’. it can’t be any other way. All I really do is pay attention to what feels right to me.
Are you taking risks? Making your life Happen on Purpose? Make ‘WHAT IS’ for you, what you want it to be.
Hugs xoxo
@nit@

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birrrrthday to Youuuu,
Happy Birrrrthday to Youuuu,
Happy Birrrrthday Dear Anita,
Happy Birrrrthday to Youuuu!

A few years back, not so long ago, heaven and earth erupted into a major celebration with the news of your impending adventure into this very time and space. You see, someone like Anita Shaffer doesn't come along all that often. In fact, there's never been a single one like you, nor is there ever ANY possibility that another will come again. You're an Angel among us. Someone, whose eyes see what no others will EVER see, whose ears hear what no others will EVER hear, and whose perspective and feelings will NEVER, ever be duplicated. Without YOU, the Universe, and ALL THAT IS, would be sadly less than it is.

Quite simply:

You're the kind of person, Anita,
Who's hard to forget,
A one-in-a-million
To the people you've met.
Your friends are as varied
As the places you go,
And they all want to tell you
In case you don't know:
That you make a big difference
In the lives that you touch,
By taking so little
And giving so much!

Anita, you are so AWESOME! For your birthday, friends and angels from every corner of the Universe, including buddies you didn't know you had, will be with you to wish you the HAPPIEST of days and an exciting new year in time and space. You won't be alone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Anita!

Mike Dooley
Orlando, Florida, USA

PS - Anita, this is going to be YOUR year!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetcheeks,
A very happy birthday to my dear friend. I agree with everything said in Mike Dooley's letter.
You are a wonderful person, unforgettable, funny, smart and full of adventure. I am quite certain you will make this a great year.
Lots of love, Sue Campbell

Anonymous said...

Con mil besos y mucho cariño en tu pumpe, que hoy y siempre se te cumplan tus deseos y que seas muy feliz, ya no nos pudimos ver en diciembre, mis papas vinieron de mexico y son fechas muy complicadas pero se te quiere mucho amiga.
Besos y felicidades otra vez
ARE :)

Anonymous said...

mil felicidades. Welcome to be 60. Manuel

Anonymous said...

מזל טוב.

Anonymous said...

You're kidding!!!!
YOU... 60???? Naaaa!

"Frosty"

Anonymous said...

Leido esta,gracias por compartirlo.
Como va ese big 6-0?
Besote. Aron

Anonymous said...

I miss you girlfriend!!! I loved your blog. I'm going to be more like you and be the creator of my own destiny.

Have a FABULOUS birthday! !!!
Luv and Hugs,
Annie

Anonymous said...

Queridisima Anita,

Espero que la pases muy contenta en este ano chino del dragon (ayer empezo!), supuestamente es el mejor de todos. Asi que adenlante a seguir viviendo con alegria. Me encanta la fotografia que tienes con tus hijos en tu blog. Cuídate, Luciana

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I CAN SEE A LONG LIFE IN YOUR FUTURE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

YOUR FRIEND MEIR

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita,

I send you much love on your special day and I hold you dearly in my heart. You are a mother I respect and admire and I will always be grateful to you Anita....thank you.

Love,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

DEAREST IT;S HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER IN LAW TURNED 60. WERE THE HELL DID ALL THOSE YEARS GO?. LIKE SAND THRU A TIN HORN. WHAT THE HELL AM I TALKING ABOUT IN 6 MONTHS (IF I LAST THAT LONG) I'LL BE 90. YOU COULD WRITE A BOOK. (SIDE BAR) I MIGHT BE ON THE WALL OF THE HOLOCAUST MUSEUM IN SKOKIE. THEY ARE SETTING UP A ROOM SHOWING PICTURES OF ALL THE JEWISH FELLOWS THAT SERVED THIER COUNTRY IN WW2. I HAVE A MEETING TO GO TO FRIDAY MORNING WITH THE PERSON THATS PUTTING IT TOGETHER. YOU MIGHT SEE ME ON THE WALL IN MY MARINE UNIFORM. A PICTURE I TOOK IN SAN DIEGO IN 1944. I'LL BE PUBLISHED TWICE IN MY LIFETIME. ONCE IN HIGH SCHOOL IN MY BASKETBALL UNIFORM AND MAYBE IN MY MARINE UNIFORM 68 YEARS LATER. TAKE CARE SWEETHEART HELLO TO YOUR DAD ZEL SENDS HER LOVE AS I DO LOVE YA DAD

Harold Shaffer

Anonymous said...

Gracias Anita, I needed that.
And I love you.
marina

Anonymous said...

¡Hola Cielo!

¿Cómo estás tú y tu preciosa familia? éxico antes de mi vuelta. ¿Estás viviendo en México?, si es así me encantaría verte.
Espero que todo vaya bien y lo pasen estupendamente.

Tremendo beso y todo mi afecto para ti.

Javier

Anonymous said...

Acabo de pasar por tu blog, muy interesante, saludos, seguimos en contacto. Jose Manuel

Anonymous said...

hi tommy here is there web address details,ring them for advice ,say gareth dain put you on

Stefanie said...

מזל טוב.

Anonymous said...

Queridisima Anita, Espero que la pases muy contenta en este ano chino del dragon (ayer empezo!), supuestamente es el mejor de todos. Asi que adenlante a seguir viviendo con alegria. Me encanta la fotografia que tienes con tus hijos en tu blog. Cuídate, Luciana