Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Celebration of Love




Today is Valentine's Day, a day chosen to "Celebrate Love" and though we would all like to have someone special to celebrate with that may not always be the case.

I remember when I was in elementary school, I used to look forward to this day; in those days we had to give cards to everyone in our class and I'd spend days preparing for that. I'd give the best cards to those friends I loved the most, I tried not to be too obvious with the boy I had a crush on at the time, but he would get the best lollipop, and I left my least favorite for those I didn't care for that much, but I'm sure that especially those who didn't expect it felt loved.

I remember running home at the end of the day to read each card I had received with exciting anticipation and how surprised I was at how some of my friends felt that they could not otherwise express.

So why not tell your family, friends, co workers, neighbors or anyone in your life that you care about them and make them feel as special as you would like to feel, And while you're at it, don't forget to 'LOVE YOURSELF'. When we love ourselves there is more of ourselves to give away.

I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day every day!
Hugs xoxo
Anita

No comments: