Sunday, December 28, 2008

Finding blame...


My dear father-in-law is very proactive. He loves to stay on top of important issues around the world, especially those that have to do with wars because he experienced them first hand.
But the beauty of dad's involvement is that he speaks his mind and sends these articles to newspapers around and they always get picked up and published. I'm sure that at the very least he makes a lot of people think, and some might decide to get involved in being part of the solution and not the problem.

This article in particular hits very close to home since in the next couple of months I will be fulfilling a dream that I've had since I was 17 yrs. old, and that is to move to Israel. I guess I'll get to see first hand what goes on there. Meantime I'm very excited moving forward with my dream.



It's your fault Israel...
by Harold Shaffer

I made it known to some of my friends that Israel will be condemned, cursed and blamed for the latest turmoil that took place on the Gaza Strip.

All you did Israel was to defend your country and citizens from constant rocket attacks from the Hamas that control The Gaza.

You were nice enough to warn them if they didn't stop you would retaliate; you even warned the civilians to leave the area. Unheard of in all the conflicts I've been in and have read about.

Israel you're surrounded by millions of people that would dance in the streets if your nation and all your population was wiped off the face of the earth. All you did Israel is do what every other country would've done in the same situation.

After the Twin Towers went down we sent a couple of hundred thousand troops over to the Near East to chase the bad guys. Same thing, you have a right to defend your nation that was built on the bones of 6 million innocent men, women and dear children that were murdered in cold blood. Didn't hear all these anti-Israel countries trying to stop the Holocaust. Israel you are not aggressors, you are DEFENDERS!!!

Good Luck!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Thanks for the article. Good for him!
JEFF