Friday, October 3, 2008

Work Harder Than You Think You Should

One of the reasons why I'm not around here as often as I used to is because I'm really 'Making my Life Happen on Purpose.'






I created a social life that could keep me busy every day if I find the time, I have a job I like, but since it's not the job of my dreams I go to work with joy while I continue to study in order to pursue those dreams.


I prepare by taking courses, going to seminars, reading books, listening to CDs, watching videos and talking to experts.

I enjoy adding to my blog, read, workout when I'm not too lazy or tired; take care of my puppy, take long walks with her at the park at least twice daily, help my kids, visit my father weekly and try to help others when I can.

And the truth is that I still feel and know I should be doing more!

I just find that when you're motivated enough you can do a lot and not notice it.

Hugs, xoxo
Anita

Work Harder Than You Think You Should
By Gary Vurnum
=====================
Can you honestly, in your heart-of-hearts, say that you deserve a pay rise every year?

It probably wouldn't surprise you to find that most people would say 'yes'…but if you were to ask their bosses they almost certainly would say 'no'. Why?

Well…in the workplace at least…we always tend to overestimate our contribution. I know…I used to. I spent about five years thinking that I was indispensable…until I had to suddenly take a couple of months off…and found out that I wasn't.

You KNOW if you are getting in a little late…or taking a long lunch break…or surfing the Internet instead of working. We all do it. But…it's how much you do it that has an impact on your future.

Laziness is a habit that is contagious. The more you do it…the easier it is to do it even more.

Action Point:
In what little ways might you be letting yourself down? Sure…you won't get any thanks for working your best or for turning up that little bit earlier, but in the minds of those in charge…you will set yourself apart from everyone else who doesn't do exactly that! Plus…it gets you into the habit of working at your best…which is an amazingly useful habit to have if you want to make more of yourself!
========================

No comments: