Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Life on Broadway

I’m 22 years old and I’m about to start playing my first “Adult” role, in a way I’ve been preparing for this role my whole life, so when the Rabbi said “I now pronounce you husband and wife” I know I’m ready for the part.

We live in a small studio apartment where we can barely store the few things that we have, we save the change because sometimes we don’t have enough money to take the bus to work, but we make every day an adventure, because we know that the role we are playing is just preparing us for bigger and better ones.

We have places to go, people to meet along the way and a lot to learn, and we try to stay true and focused and in total alignment with our dreams.

The years go by and as we begin to feel comfortable with the roles we’ve been playing, we audition for more challenging parts and hope that we can play them just as well and enjoy them just as much, and all of a sudden we find ourselves winning awards, buying our dream home, taking the trips, buying the clothes for each one of the parts we are playing, raising the kids, running the businesses, and we forget about the small studio apartment and the bowl of change, it feels good to have more, it begins to take precedent over the dream, so since it feels so good, what about having more, I’m sure it will feel better, and we begin to forget where we came from, how far we’ve come, and most of all, we forget to be grateful for what we have, instead we are never content because we always want more, and one day I turn 52 and it was all gone. Don’t ask me where it all went, all I knew is that it was no longer mine, none of it, well maybe a few photo albums and knick knacks that tell the story of my life.

Now I’m 55, back in a lovely 3 story townhouse, I call it my fancy Hotel Suite, not ready to unpack here and get all comfortable because it’s just a brief moment of my life. I have a new career that I like. My children just completed High School; my daughter will be going to a great University and my son and I will soon pack and continue our journey.

What happens to us when we find ourselves in situations like this is that we simply forget how to play the roles. We already played them at least once, if not many more times, and not because I’m 55 does it mean I can’t play the role anymore, we can play ANY role we want, and we must, if we want to see ourselves playing every role we want before we die and fulfilling every dream. So here is the formula that works for me.
For the fulfillment of all your dreams all you have to do is remember that
“The Main Thing is to keep The Main Thing, The Main Thing!”~Anita~
Do you know what “The Main Thing” is for you? I do!
Directions:

If you think of life as a 'Broadway Play', you can clearly see how perfectly it is all orchestrated.

We spend our lives either auditioning for a part, or rehearsing a part, or playing the part. And hopefully as we get older, we pick the parts that we would like to play so that night after night, and day after day, when we are up on that stage, we can not only enjoy the role that we are playing, but so that the people who are watching us, enjoy it so much, that we can get standing ovations and derive harmony from this in all aspects of our lives.

So while you get offered the role you want to play, this is what you have to do:

Act the part
Act as if you are already there
Act proud
Act wealthy
Act happy
Act funny
Act energetic
Act generous
Act honest
Act spiritual
But most of all act grateful

And then by Miracle, the part will come, and you’ll already be an expert at how to enjoy this game of life, because of how well you rehearsed and acted even before you were offered to “Play the Part.”

So like they say “Fake it till you Make It!” and don’t ever look back, you might be missing something that’s right in front of you.


What part should I audition for now?....
@nit@

1 comment:

Ilana said...

very very true! now who's the one behind all these roles? ;)